Undercoating is recommended to be applied when the vehicle is brand new to avoid trapping or sealing any corrosion and dirt. Undercoating can be applied to older vehicles as we would thoroughly clean and prep the undercarriage before application. If there is any corrosion or damage, we would recommend getting it sandblasted or replaced. Unfortunately, this is a service we do not offer. We can spray over corroded areas as some people opt for this option because it creates a much better aesthetic appeal however no warranty can be offered.
The underside of your vehicle, though seldom seen, is the most exposed to various elements of the road.
Let’s be honest, Alberta has some of the worst road conditions in the world. Gravel, sand, salt and construction fall-out are just some of the elements we drive through on a daily basis. These minerals accumulate over time in our vehicles’ nooks and crannies.
The neoprene rubber and petroleum-based undercoating from Ming Shine will permanently seal your undercarriage and can be used on both new and used vehicles. Our Underbody Sound Deadener cuts road noise and vibrations and can provide up to a 40% quieter and smoother ride. It insulates against extreme temperature conditions – cooler in summer, warmer in winter. Ming Shine’s undercoat is also self-healing, meaning it is crack and scratch-resistant. We also offer an exclusive lifetime warranty!
Undercoating Sound Deadener has proven increased performance when also used with Ming Rust Proof.
The Benefits Of Undercoating For Your Vehicle
- Asphaltic gums seal moisture and road salt out as well as protect against airborne pollutants that attach to car body metals
- Expansive plastic resins provide toughness and adhesion
- Neoprene rubber provides elasticity
- Magnesium and zinc oxides give a galvanizing action in case of damage or rock bruising.
- Sound Deadener (Up to 40%)
- Self Healing
- Transferable Lifetime Warranty
- Aesthetically looks better
- Corrosion Resistant
- Prevents Undercarriage Denting
Areas Commonly Undercoated:
- Exposed floor
- Wheel Wells
- Wheel Lips
- Gas Housing
- Frame (upon request)
- Weld Joints
- Inner box panels (trucks only)
Shiny vehicles don’t always last but it can by appointment.